.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sunday, September 25, 2005

 

Fantasy vs. Optimism

I wanted to call this post "Why I Don't Think I'll Ever Have a Fantasy Football Team Again," or, "How My Fantasy League Has Tarnished My Optimism," but neither of those titles are very optimistic, now, are they?
But I digress. Let me explain a little about my fantasy team. It's my first season ever participating in a fantasy football league. Apparently, I'm unbalanced in Fantasy as I probably am in Reality. You see, I have too many Broncos on my team. I chose 4 current players, and 2 former players. And they're screwing me! They are NOT putting up good numbers. Which has left my sad little team at the bottom of the league. I'm still waiting for this week's final stats, and because so many of my players are playing tomorrow night, I will have to wait until late Monday evening to see whether they justify my love or not.
But here's the test of my true optimism. Ashley Lelie is my #1 WR. I still believe he has that big game in him! Plus, I have Jason Elam. Yes, he missed a couple FGs last week, but that's sooooo not like him. He's easy stats nearly every week. And Champ? Well, I benched him last week - thought he wouldn't play. He proved me wrong. Champ is the bigger optimist than even I.
So I am READY FOR SOME FOOTBALL! A Monday night Party!!! Whoo hoo.
Look for BOC and I at the game again. God save us from those Chiefs fans. The Chiefs themselves we can handle ... Hope Vermeil doesn't cry. I'll bring tissues though, just in case.
Go Broncos!

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?