.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Friday, September 30, 2005

 

Optimists - Where Are You?

Thanks for the update Molly! It's nice to have more folks contribute to the page. I gotta admit, I'm not feeling like a good spokesperson for the Optimists club right now. So, if anyone else (Maureen? Chris? Sean? Where are you guys?) wants to plug in some optimistic statements about this weekend's game, please feel free to do so. :-)

On the opposite spectrum, here are my thoughts:

#1) The Broncos don't do well in early kick-off games (early for MDT).
#2) The Broncos don't do well in Florida.
#3) The Broncos don't perform well after a Monday night game.
#4) The Broncos aren't consistent.

So, I am a poor mouthpiece for the club, folks. Even after our stunning win on Monday. Please help me. And no, Reenie, just saying "At least it is a nice and sunny day" isn't gonna cut it!

I will take a stab at an optimistic thought. This is the best I can come up with:

"The Denver defense gelled on Monday night and will outperform the Jacksonville defense."

That's a pretty bold statement. I hope you're all proud of me. But overall, I need some help fellow Optimists! Post a comment, or a full-blown post (leave a comment if you want an invite!) and let's continue to keep the BOC alive and well.

Go Broncos.
- Peg

Comments:
I think the single most optimistic thing I can say is that you never know what you are going to get with the broncos, and yet I will be glued to my tv tomorrow to watch whichever team shows up... I think that being a bronco fan means that you are married to uncertainty, but you keep on rooting for them. Like, Monday night, when we were up 20-3, I kept biting my nails because I've seen them lose leads like that. But even they had, I won't dump them, I will forever remain a fan. You CAN be a fan and be mad at them. Remember Uncle Harry? He was never pleased with them but he went to every single game.

So Grubmer, just because you have misgivings about the team doesn't disqualify you as an optimist. The fact that you are still a true blue (and orange) fan after 7 years with no post season success makes you a true Broncos Optimist...
 
you just gotta believe, baby, just gotta.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?