.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Wednesday, October 19, 2005

 

What the FOX?

First the good news, then the annoying ...

In the NFL Power Rankings from ESPN, SI.Com, and others, the Denver Broncos are listed #2, after the Colts, who have to be #1 after Monday Night's game and because of their undefeated season.

Other Power Rankings I've looked at list the Bronc's in the top five.

Now, I am far from a mathematician, or statistician, or whatever. In fact, it would be more honest for me to admit to some level of innumeracy. But I know that most of these rankings are based on mathematical formulas. (Please, and really ... who has the time to develop a mathematical formula for professional sports?) But I digress ...

Here's the annoying stuff - Fox Sports News has the Broncos listed as #12 ... And then goes on to diss them simply because of their loss in Miami. Give me a break. As if I needed ANOTHER REASON to hate Fox News ...

Formulas and mathematical "certainties" have no place in this Optimist's belief in the Broncos. (Spoken like a true innumerate!) Are you with me fellow BOC members?

Bring on da Giants!

Go Broncos!
(#1 in my personal NFL Power Ranking - sans formula!)

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?