.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sunday, December 03, 2006

 

The Cult of Cutler

Geebuz people! Can you believe the kind of pressure young master Jay Cutler is under today? Can you imagine what it would be like to be a young rookie facing your first start in a regular season NFL game? (You know, the kind that counts!?) Can you imagine what it would be like if the city and the fans of that NFL team expected you to be the second-coming of Elway? <---- you should hear a chorus of angels singing at this point of the blog, and maybe even a gold aura around the name ...

I'll admit, I'm excited too. I even will admit that about 60 seconds after I was aware that I was awake this morning, I thought, "Wow. I wonder what Jay Cutler is feeling/thinking right now ..." And then of course I caught myself and thought, "Ok, Peg! On to real life, please?!"

But then, I turn on the morning news, and every aspect of the local broadcast is about tonight's game. Commercials in between the broadcast pump us up with expectations. It is kind of electric, really. It's the spark WE needed ... as fans.

Let's just hope he's the spark that the team needs tonight on the field.

Let the Cutler era begin ...

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?