.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

 

Re-energized Optimists

Ok, so just when I was feeling like all of the Optimist had been slowly drained from me, the Broncos go and kick start a new era. Thanks, Bowlen! Really!

Josh McDaniels is the fresh (YOUNG!) face of this new era. The 12th head coach of the Denver Broncos. I don't know a lot about McDaniels, but you gotta admire his ambition and tenacity to the game and to his career. And I watched him talk on the news last night. My first impression was, "hmm ... he sounds like Eric Taylor on FNL." Which is a good thing. A VERY good thing, at least in my little unimportant corner of the world. My second impression was that he's going to try very hard to enjoy some success, and that's also a very good thing - but in a larger corner of the world.

The Broncos have been sapping my energy and my money. I was never one to call for the firing of Shanahan, but now that it has happened, I can see that it was the right thing to do. We need a new start. And we've got one. Should be interesting!

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?